Sunday, March 2, 2008

Gratitude

I am thankful for a husband who takes the time to soothe a restless child to sleep. Even when he is out of energy. I am greatful for a husband who took a shift last night with a sick baby-- changing many diapers, washing sheets in the wee hours of the morning, giving a 4 a.m. bath to the smelliest child in Alabama--to allow me to recover from many nights of the same. He had worked all day and faced another 12 hour shift at the hospital today. I am so thankful for his sacrifice, his love for me and our children.
I would maintain that thanks are the
highest form of thought, and that
gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
-Gilbert Keith Chesterton

1 comment:

Laura Forman said...

guess i have been checking the wrong blog :) thanks for reminding me about this one!! i love seeing pictures of your family!! :)