Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Conversations with a 5 Year Old


Claire: Mama, what's a "jockey"?


Me: It's someone who races horses.


Claire: Ooooh! You mean a "joppy!" I know what that is!

------------------

Me: I love you so much!


Claire: I love you more than you love me!

-----------------

Me: Claire, why did you get in trouble at school today?


Claire: Me and Nathan were arguing about whose ice cream was the tastiest.

-----------------

Claire: Will we take Hermie's (our hermit crab) cage up to Heaven, or just Hermie?


Me: I think just Hermie.


Claire: But how will he change his shell?


Me: I don't know.


Claire: Maybe we could look around and collect shells for him and put them in a bag. Then we could hold onto the bag until we go to Heaven so he will have some in Heaven.

----------------

This is a sampling of my conversations with Claire today. I wish I could capture each one of her five-isms from every day. It's one of the perks to motherhood--an interactive comedic show.

No comments: