Sunday, January 18, 2009

Slow Down, Mommy!

I am usually in a hurry. Hurry and get ready for work/school. Hurry and eat. Hurry in the tub. Let's hurry through this story. There is always more to do and not enough time to do it. The baby put it all in perspective for me today. We were trying to collect all of our things and family members after church, in a hurry, of course. This dialogue follows:

Me: "Come on, Sarah Kate! Keep moving down the steps. I still have to get the food out of our Sunday School room."

SK: "Slow down, Mommy! Slow down!" (with a knowing grin on her face, by the way)

OUCH!! She's two, but I think she has the right idea. Especially on this one day of the week that we have to re-focus and center our hearts and minds on our Creator. I think God had the voice of my child today. He says to me, "SLOW DOWN!" Enjoy your children. Watch for moments of grace and glory. Savor the time you have with your husband. Slow down, sit at My feet for a moment. I have so much to share with you. If you'd only take the time to BE where you are instead of always looking ahead to where you are going.

Thank you, Katie-bug, for speaking the truth in love. I'll slow down for you, baby girl!

1 comment:

Laura Forman said...

Yay! I am glad to know that you are back!!! :) I will definitely be checking your blog more often now! :)