Friday, February 20, 2009


Kids are an endless source of malapropisms and misunderstandings. My collection for the week:
  • When I told Claire my friend sold a product "out of a catalogue," she asked, "does she tie it to some string and drag it around with the catalogue?"
  • Claire asked me who "the Mayor" was. "Who?!" She explained, "you know: (singing) 'Everywhere the Mayor went, the Mayor went, the Mayor went; everywhere the Mayor went, the lamb was sure to go.'"
  • Sarah Kate requested "horn dogs" for dinner tonight. That's CORN dogs.
  • She also discovered "tussy rolls" (tootsie rolls) this week. We rolled around laughing about that one! This is the PG version of what she started out saying before we corrected her!
Finally, one melt-my-heart comment from SK: "You're Kelly. You're my friend!" Always, Sweet Baby!

No comments: